With the continuous development of modern technology, mechanical processing and manufacturing processes are constantly updated, and welding tool fixtures have gradually become one of the important tools. It can make the welding process more accurate and efficient, and improve production efficiency. This article will introduce the main functions, classification, manufacturing, and use of welding fixtures from the following aspects.
1、 The main functions of welding fixtures
Welding fixture is a process auxiliary tool that can firmly clamp the workpiece during the welding process, and can position, reinforce, protect, and assist in the welding process. Welding fixtures mainly have the following functions:
1. Positioning: During the welding process, the weld seam must be in the correct position, and the welding fixture can position the workpiece in the correct position to ensure the quality and accuracy of the weld seam.
2. Reinforcement: During the welding process, a certain amount of force must be maintained between the workpiece and the welded part to avoid displacement and other phenomena. Welding fixtures can reinforce workpieces and welded components, ensuring stability and safety during the welding process.
3. Protection: During the welding process, the workpiece needs to be protected to avoid being affected by welding heat and causing damage to the surface of the workpiece. Welding fixtures can limit welding heat to a certain range by strengthening the welded parts, thereby protecting the surface of the workpiece.
4. Auxiliary: During the welding process, the welder needs to process the workpiece, such as cutting, punching, etc. The welding fixture can provide auxiliary support to facilitate the welder's processing.
2、 Classification of welding fixtures
According to different purposes and structures, welding fixtures can be divided into various types, mainly including the following:
1. Manual fixture: Manual fixtures are mainly used by humans to complete the work of gripping, placing, and moving workpieces. The advantage of manual fixtures is that they are simple and easy to use, suitable for small batch welding processing, but with low efficiency.
2. Hydraulic fixture: Hydraulic fixtures mainly transmit power through hydraulic stations and can apply force in multiple directions. Hydraulic fixtures are suitable for large-scale welding processes with high efficiency and reliability.
3. Electric fixtures: Electric fixtures mainly use motors to clamp and release workpieces, with high accuracy and efficiency. Electric fixtures are suitable for precision welding processing, but their prices are relatively high.
4. Pneumatic fixture: Pneumatic fixtures mainly use air source transmission to clamp and release workpieces, with the advantages of simple operation and high efficiency. Pneumatic fixtures are more suitable for large-scale welding processing.
5. Mechanical fixtures: Mechanical fixtures mainly use mechanical structures to clamp and release workpieces, and have the characteristics of simplicity, practicality, and good durability. Mechanical fixtures are suitable for large-scale welding processing.
3、 Manufacturing of welding fixtures
The manufacturing of welding fixtures needs to consider factors such as clamping force, weight, material, and processing difficulty. Generally speaking, the weight of welding fixtures should be controlled within 40 kilograms, and the clamping force should be greater than the self weight of the workpiece. Commonly used manufacturing materials include cast steel, aluminum alloy, stainless steel, etc. The manufacturing process requires the use of processes such as mechanical processing and casting,